We’re Hiring! Pet Care Counselor
-Experience with dogs in a group setting required. Handlers must be able to independently manage a group of up to 20 dogs and be eager to learn about dog behavior, group play, dog playstyles, and breed distinctions.
-Applicants must be willing to take direction from senior staff and be willing to master our strict dog handling and safety protocols.
-Must have 1+ years of experience working in a daycare/boarding setting or as a dog trainer. Must have personal reliable transportation.
Summary: Provides care for dogs through interaction and maintaining a healthy, safe and clean environment. Candidates must be comfortable around dogs in an off leash environment. Duties and Responsibilities include the below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise and interact with dogs both inside the facility and outside in the play yards.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility by vacuuming, washing floors, dusting, scrubbing walls and removing trash and animal waste.
- Feed and give water to dogs – Cleans and disinfect kennels, food and water containers
- Yard work including shoveling, ice removal, water removal and removal of animal waste and debris.
- Must LOVE dogs and treat each one as if it were your own
- Familiarity with dogs, dog breeds and dog behavior
- Ability and initiative to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to communicate skillfully and effectively
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Ability to lift and move objects and animals weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for duration of shift. We’re moving around A LOT!
Must be 18 or older to apply.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org